The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for delivering and managing a sales budget in an assigned Sales Territory.
- Deliver and manage a budgeted an assigned sales territory.
- Develops current customer base and establishes new customers. Promotes Mpac initiatives and services by making regular sales calls.
- May be required to handle customer’s on-site problems (applications, design improvements, and product recommendations).
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely, professional manner
- Understand customer decision making process and criteria
- Create and develop detailed sales plans to achieve budgets
- Improves territory performance through increased sales and increased gross margins.
- Co-ordinate with internal sales support and engineering to ensure quotes are available on time, are complete, accurate and of a high quality
- Act as the voice of the customer within Mpac and as a voice of Mpac with customers.
- Provide product training
- Analyzes sales performance. Keeps company informed of customer changes based on account responsibilities. Submits reports to management on a timely basis.
- Provides a high level of customer service to all customers; ensures proactive engagement and account development activities with all assigned accounts.
- Grows profitable market share by presenting value-added services. Keeps current with information of competitive products, customers’ machinery and process. Updates customers on new products. Represents Mpac at relevant trade shows
- Provide input into sales and marketing databases (customer/market/competitor intelligence)
- Identify product development/enhancement opportunities
Staff Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
- This position does not have direct functional responsibility other than the operational management of the team members within the boundaries of the scope and deliverables of the project. Management of the project resources must include a close collaboration and agreement with the respective functional manager
- Project budgets must not exceed the contingency allowances for each project
- Approval to project changes (scope, delivery, budget) must be done in compliance with the company’s Delegation of Authority document (DOA)
- Discrepancies between budget estimates and contractual terms that could affect the financial outcome of the project (or increase its level of risk) must be clarified with the Applications team and corrective action must be approved in compliance with the DOA
Working Conditions & Environment
- This position is a position of trust and high responsibility. Long working hours may be necessary on occasion in order to comply with deadlines (internal and external)
- Travel during non-working hours may be required
- Availability through the company provided cellphone is required during non-working hours mostly in times where a project is going through a critical stage
Interaction With Customers
- Represents the company in all meetings with customers in order to solve project related issues. Travels to customer’s sites when necessary
- This position requires the employee to attend work properly groomed and dressed according to the position (casual dressing with some formal dressing required occasionally)
- All interaction with customers (especially agreements) must be properly documented in writing and shared with the appropriate managers for feedback.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- University degree in Engineering, Automation / Industrial machinery or Packaging
- Sales experience preferable in Custom Built high speed packaging machinery projects or similar
- Good level of computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel )
- Experience with manufacturing & machinery assembly processes
Desired Behavioural Competences
- Behaves ethically — Ensures own behaviour and team members’ behaviour is consistent with Mpac standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Impact and influence — works effectively with and through others including where no formal authority exists
- Achievement Motivation — results oriented. Sets high standards and objectives
- Communicate Effectively— Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner
- Negotiating – presents positions in a reasoned manner, seeks win-win outcomes but understands when to say no
- Team Leadership — effective at building support, thinks team first, promotes success in terms of team as well as individual success, and is adept at creating a shared vision
- Decision-making — Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Organize— Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities
- Problem Solving— Assesses problematic situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations
- Hands-on approach, ready to “roll-up his/her sleeves” and stay close to the action
Hardware & Software Requirements
- 100% adherence to cellphone policy is required
- One laptop computer, keyboard, mouse, monitor, and desk phone
- Relevant software, includes Dayforce, Concur, Microsoft CRM, Share file
- 100% adherence to company computer policy is required