Working within the Customer Service team, the Service Administrator will review and process received orders and send order acknowledgements to the customer. They will assist obtaining prices, completing quotations and costing of completed Service activities.
- Obtain cost and lead time of required purchased parts.
- Ensure that Customer Purchase Orders are processed in a timely manner.
- Effective communication of order status to Customers.
- Ensure Customer follow-ups are carried out after submission of quotations.
- Carry out basic quotations.
- Complete costings of completed onsite time and material contracts.
- Being flexible within the role to aid & support all staff during busy periods.
- Following and providing detail for all reporting mechanisms.
- Review customer purchase orders to ensure they are accurate and then generate sales orders within the ERP system.
- Send order acknowledgements to customers upon receipt of purchase orders.
- Identify opportunities for negotiation to achieve best value, ensuring sales orders meet or exceed budget expectations.
- Update part data with up-to-date pricing and delivery information as required.
- Reach out to vendors to collate price and lead time information for quotations and price lists.
- Complete follow-ups on quotations to ensure they meet customers’ delivery and price expectations, updating system of win probability and date.
- Complete travel proforma’s for upcoming on site works.
- Assist in creation of basic estimates and quotations.
- Review hours booked on completed time and material contracts. Complete costings usings these hours and issue to customers before invoicing is complete.
- Verify direct resources have correctly booked and uploaded hours to the ERP system.
- Work with all Mpac colleagues to ensure compliance with ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001 and support a culture of Lean and Continuous Improvement by complying with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures. This will ensure that Mpac retains its accreditation and maintains its position as a provider of high-quality service and that its employees are working efficiently and safely.
- Work with all Mpac colleagues to ensure that our internal customer ethos is delivered and maintained through everything we do including right first time, on time and in full.
- Always demonstrate respect, integrity, trust and excellence in interactions with all colleagues, customers and suppliers in line with Mpac Lambert’s internal customer programme.
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to provide administrative services on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience of working in an administrative capacity in an engineering environment.
- Proven negotiation skills with a focus on value
- Understanding of Terms & Conditions
- Experience in a similar position in the Manufacturing or Engineering Industries.
- Experience of working with a supply chain previously would be advantageous.
- Experience in working within an ISO 9001 accredited organisation.
- Experience of working with MRP/ERP systems (Visual 9 an advantage)
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in the use of MS office suite
- Organised Individual having the ability to multi-task
- Can promptly react to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Excellent numeracy and written language skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, adjusting approach or communication channel to suit audience.
- A basic understanding of general engineering would be advantageous.
Relationship and Reporting Line
- Reports to Head of Services Commercial
- Working relationships with: Customers, Project Engineering, Purchasing, Service and Suppliers.