Working within the Customer Service team, the Service Spares Co-Ordinator will co-ordinate all spares sales orders to ensure they are progressed through the systems and delivered in line with quoted lead times.
- Procure parts from the supply chain aligned to the Sales Order requirements.
- Ensure effective vendor performance to meet customer requirements.
- Effective communication of order status to customers.
- Ensure all orders are dispatched and closed out as soon as possible.
- Being flexible within the role to aid & support all staff during busy periods.
- Following & providing detail for all reporting mechanisms.
- Identify opportunities for negotiation to achieve best value ensuring sales orders meet or exceed budget expectations.
- Create and place purchase orders aligned to estimates on the Mpac supply chain.
- Regularly expedite purchase orders with the Mpac supply chain to ensure delays to sales orders are minimised.
- Update part data with up-to-date pricing and delivery information as required.
- Send confirmed shipped dates to the customers once available and keep them updated of any slippages from this date.
- Regularly review order status to ensure goods are shipped in a timely manner once booked into the warehouse.
- Carry out picking, packing and shipping of Service and Spares sales orders.
- Work with all Mpac colleagues to ensure compliance with ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001 and support a culture of Lean and Continuous Improvement by complying with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures. This will ensure that Mpac retains its accreditation and maintains its position as a provider of high-quality service and that its employees are working efficiently and safely.
- Work with all Mpac colleagues to ensure that our internal customer ethos is delivered and maintained through everything we do including right first time, on time and in full.
- Always demonstrate respect, integrity, trust and excellence in interactions with all colleagues, customers and suppliers in line with Mpac’s internal customer programme.
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to provide administrative services on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience of working in an administrative capacity in an engineering environment.
- Proven negotiation skills with a focus on value.
- Understanding of Terms & Conditions.
- Experience in a similar position in the Manufacturing or Engineering Industries.
- Experience of working with a supply chain previously would be advantageous.
- Experience in working within an ISO 9001 accredited organisation.
- Experience of working with MRP/ERP systems (Visual 9 an advantage).
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in the use of MS office suite
- Organised Individual having the ability to multi-task.
- Can promptly react to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Excellent numeracy and written language skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, adjusting approach or communication channel to suit audience.
- A basic understanding of general engineering would be advantageous.
Relationship and Reporting Line
- Reports to Operations Team Leader
- Working relationships with: Project Engineering, Purchasing, Warehouse, Inspection and Suppliers.