The Staff Accountant/AR is responsible for recording and maintaining financial transactions, such as collections, expenses, invoices, and payments. This person will monitor credit references and customer approvals to ensure successful business practices. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, innovative, and always looking for ways to improve processes and procedures at MPAC. This individual will also assist with the annual, quarterly and monthly financial close process.
- Assist in cash management and reporting, online banking, including bank and credit account reconciliations.
- Responsible for monitoring credit reference / customer approvals that need to be added into the system.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Prepare and post journal entries to Quickbooks
- Assist with annual, quarterly and monthly financial closings
- Assist with forecast and budgeting process
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience working in accounting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel and Hyperion (a plus)
- Experience with journal entries, accounts receivable, and collections
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- At minimum, an Associate’s degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, or similar field. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.