Mpac Group plc
Mpac Group plc is headquartered in the United Kingdom, is AIM listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a provider of packaging machinery and automation to the food and beverage, healthcare, and clean energy markets. The company designs, builds, installs, and provides services for complex high-speed assembly and packaging lines, delivering capital equipment to its global customer base. Mpac has revenues of c. £100m, and employs approximately 500 employees with principal locations in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Canada, the United States and Singapore.
Mpac has set out a five year plan to deliver 15% annual growth, delivering double-digit net operating profit margins. Mpac intends to continue to make strategic acquisitions, extending the fuller-line solutions available to its customers. As a project-based business, people are the core of the company.
The Group has invested heavily in the roll out of business systems and is seeking to provide bandwidth to support users in optimising the benefits from this investment.
Main Purpose of Role
This role will provide the systems administration function for our in-house Microsoft Dynamics 365 system, through internal maintenance and customisation, working with colleagues and liaising with consultant developers.
The scope includes providing support to users and management across the full suite of 365 products but with focus upon CRM, where there is a project commencing to roll out the product to our Service division, SharePoint, which is deployed but requires daily maintenance, POL to support users to imbed the product and underlying processes, Power BI, providing additional bandwidth to the existing reporting team and any other support as required.
Proven track record leading change in a global organization, operating in an engineering or technology sector. This role will ideally suit candidates who enjoy breadth: setting Group strategy, defining direction and priorities; and also “rolling up their sleeves” to get deeply involved in implementation.
- Assesses user needs to provide support and proactive service.
- This role needs to contribute to a positive culture of collaboration, innovation and inclusivity across the organisation.
- Provide guidance and technical support to our internal teams.
- Liaise with specialist contractors and suppliers.
- Implement changes and new systems or programs within the team.
- Configure, maintain, and develop continuous integration.
A Few Things About You:
- Experience supporting multiple systems and applications.
- Understanding of infrastructure from a Dynamics 365 perspective.
- Experience in working with release management tools.
- Experience working within a Support/System Admin, ideally with Microsoft solutions.
This appointment builds on their significant investment in the development of Mpac business systems and will work closely with employees across all Mpac sites. Overseas travel will, on occasion, be required.
If you’re interested in this challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your CV and a cover letter setting out why you believe you would be a great fit for this role.
Location: Hybrid (Coventry / Tadcaster)
Working hours: Full Time
Closing date: Thursday 28th September
Reporting to (Title): Group IT Manager