You are the technical expert for our customers and you identify all possible options, including their feasibility or infeasibility, for your sales colleagues during the entire sales process. This ranges from the request for proposal to the transfer of a product to the project team. In this role you operate as a spider in the web for Area Sales Managers and the technical disciplines, and you intensively work together. As a result it may be possible that you will be travelling along to a customer site or a location.
- Translate customer wishes and requirements into clear layouts and calculations, and process all this information into a comprehensive proposal.
- As technical specialist, guide and support Area Sales Managers during domestic and international customer visits.
- For sold projects, successfully transfer the right information to the project organisation.
- Translate the customer’s feedback to the organisation and contribute to the continuous development of an efficient process.
- Translate technical specifications and requirements to our product or other solutions.
- You keep informed of the latest developments in your area of endeavour and you enjoy sharing this knowledge with your colleagues.
- At a minimum a completed University of Applied Sciences (HBO) education in a technical discipline.
- An industrial engineering and management education with experience in a technical and/or production environment is an acceptable alternative.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- At least 3 years’ working experience in a similar position that includes the combination of sales and technical aspects. Preferably you would have acquired this experience in an international environment.
- Excellent communications skills in Dutch and English (verbal and written).
- Mastery of either German, French or Spanish is a plus.
- Minimum flexible availability of 32 hours per week.
You are practical by nature and are accustomed to thinking in terms of solutions. You consider effectively informing other people of the feasibility and infeasibility of the technology options important. Since technology is your primary field of endeavour, you have a strong analytical aptitude. Because you consider communications very important, you enjoy working with others and naturally you are also focused on working together with your team. However, when deadlines approach you are also able to shift your focus to delivering the end-result as effectively as possible. And then it does not matter to you what your contribution might be. Writing a proposal, developing the correct technical specifications, or supporting you colleagues with a complex technical issue. It is because of this variety that you enjoy your work as much as you do! You are able to prioritize and organize your work yourself. Independence and taking initiative is second nature for you and you never give up until you have found the solution. You have a feeling for commerce and because your insight is important, you do not mind travelling from time to time (to the customer’s location).
What you can expect from us
We offer you a challenging role with a great deal of variation in your daily activities. We have an informal culture in which your own contribution and opinion are highly valued. Your salary is competitive and we offer you 25 holiday days and 13 days off due to a reduction in working hours (ATV days). You can also participate in a collective pension scheme.