In the Electrical Engineering department, there are 15 engineers, including 2 Lead Engineers, 9 Software Engineers and 4 Hardware Engineers. They work together on various projects in multidisciplinary teams.
- contributing to the design of the machine/line You do this in multidisciplinary consultation with Mechanical Engineers and Hardware Engineers. Together you determine whether a problem should be solved mechanically or through software, and what the solution should look like.
- configuring the PLC operating software Your challenge is mainly to use servomotors to extremely precisely package products at high speeds (motion). You use various technologies and systems for this purpose. Some examples of the tools we use are: Allen Bradly PLC (ladder) with Allen Bradley Motion, Lenze IPC (Codesys) with Lenze motion. You also configure HMIs in a Visual Studio environment.
- During the installation phase, you will test the software you configured during the assembly phase in our workshop in Wijchen. You conduct IO checks, start up the machine and, if possible, perform trial runs. Once the machine is fully operational, it is transported to the customer site, where it is reassembled. You are then responsible for further commissioning the machine. You stay abroad for an average of 2 consecutive weeks for this purpose.
To be successful in this role
You must at least have completed a 4-year Secondary Vocational Education (MBO) or Higher Professional Education (HBO) programme in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or Industrial Automation. Several years of experience in Software/Automation is preferred. However, we are also open to graduates.
You possess the following competencies
- you are a self-starter, you can see what work is required, you understand what is needed for this, and act accordingly
- good command of English
- knowledge of PLCs, IPCs, motion control and/or servomotors
- you are solution oriented. You consider problems and complex customer requests a challenge.
We offer you the possibility to fulfil customer wishes at the limit of what is technically feasible. You will learn to get everything from our control technologies. To make even faster and more precise packaging possible. In our company, you will be given the opportunity to learn and to advance in your career. International travel is part of your job.
What can you expect from Mpac?
- working in a top segment with technical challenges
- working in an enthusiastic team, where your development is stimulated
- good primary and secondary terms of employment.
- 27 holiday days and 13 days off due to shorter working hours (ADV days)
- Flexible working hours
- Travel expense allowance
- Group health insurance
- Attractive pension scheme
Mpac Langen works with the Metalektro Collective Labour Agreement.