- Support installation technicians during commissioning of new machines
- Travel to customer’s sites to provided electrical debugging support during new machine installations.
- Prepares Ladder logic design patches for projects in installation/commissioning phase
- Support customers by providing advice on electrical/programming matters
- Provides programming and electrical support for the setup and testing of all ancillary equipment (laser printers, bowl feeders, etc.)
- Loads program into PLC and performs basic programming tasks on standard components
- Mark-up / Update schematics as required during debugging and commissioning.
- Debugs and Test machines to fulfill intended machine function specified by project
- Supports the Project Managers and Operations managers during project execution in order to minimize time and cost impact of design modifications during debugging.
- Adhere to all established work instructions and the Employee Handbook
- Complete adherence to the company safety rules on the floor and when visiting customers
- Preparing machines for the debugging phase and FAT phase:
- Power the machines up after wiring
- Checks electrical wiring, verifies I/O’s are properly wired.
- Debugs electrical circuits ensuring they perform according to design
- Works with the wiring team in solving any wiring issues
- Tests all circuits and approve machine for debugging
- Setups all servos, VFDs, and any other
- Provides programming support during customer’s FAT
- Contribute to Mpac Langen Electrical Standards. Proposes ideas for improving team efficiency.
- Keeps current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to packaging equipment system design and operation.
- Support team development and continuous improvement
Desired Behavioural Competences
- Behaves ethically — Ensures own behaviour and team members’ behaviour is consistent with Mpac Langen standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Impact and influence — works effectively with and through others including where no formal authority exists
- Achievement Motivation — results oriented. Sets high standards and objectives
- Communicate Effectively— Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner.
- Negotiating – presents positions in a reasoned manner, seeks win-win outcomes but understands when to say no.
- Team Leadership — effective at building support, thinks team first, promotes success in terms of team as well as individual success, and is adept at creating a shared vision.
- Decision-making — Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize— Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Problem Solving— Assesses problematic situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations.
- Hands-on approach, ready to “roll-up his/her sleeves” and stay close to the action.
- This is a mixed position with work performed in an office environment and on the assembly floor depending on the circumstances and priorities of each day.
- Hearing acuity required for safety reasons while on the assembly floor
- Exposure to high noise from machines operating nearby during visits to the assembly floor
- Depending on the circumstances work is done while sitting down (office work) or standing up (debugging on assembly floor)
- May be required to work with computer for prolonged periods of time and sometimes maybe required to work with hand tools assisting other employees
- May be required to travel up to 80%
Hardware & Software Requirements
- One laptop computer, keyboard, mouse, 2 monitors, 3d mouse, and desk phone
- Relevant software, includes Dayforce, Concur, AutoCAD Electrical, SmarTeam
- 100% adherence to company computer policy is required
Working Conditions & Environment
- Travel to customer site up to 80%.
- Long working hours may be necessary on occasion in order to comply with deadlines (internal and external).
- This position requires the employee to attend work properly groomed and dressed according to the position.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- 3-5 years’ experience in the field of electrical automation/industrial machinery. Experience in Packaging Machinery is an additional asset.
- or similar Technical Education in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Good working knowledge AutoCAD Electrical.
- Good working knowledge of current safety standards, including Control Reliable design & PSR Legislation in Ontario.
- Above average command of office tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A strong command of the English language.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.