The team consists of five Project Managers and a Project Administrator and is led by a department head. As Project Manager, you strive to support our projects from order placement to delivery. Because we are a project-driven organisation, you have a guiding role between our clients and our technical disciplines.
Your involvement starts at the order intake, which is followed by the design phase. In this, you have close contact with the Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, and you talk to Software Engineers about the operational design. You have contact with suppliers, and you also manage all the construction in house. After the test and validation phase, the machine is commissioned. You are therefore responsible for the project from order intake to commissioning. Throughout the period, you are the contact point for the internal organisation and for the client.
You are responsible for several ongoing projects at the same time. You maintain an overview by making a project plan, in which the planning, cost allocation and the organisation of the project are important. You also monitor the technical and quality aspects of the project and provide the stakeholders with the right information in time.
Because we are an international player in the world of mechanical engineering, working for market leaders in Food and Healthcare, it is important that you can build up and maintain a good relationship with the client. We also expect flexibility in embarking on – usually short – journeys worldwide.
- drawing up the project phases, whereby deadlines are respected and achieved
- providing project budget control and forecasting the financial project result
- contributing to the continuous improvement of the performance and way of working
- monitoring the implementation and progress of all the work in the various disciplines by means of regular consultation with the project team and the individual team members
- indicating improvements where necessary, and implementing them by expanding the availability of steering information
- providing relevant and timely project information to the Project Management Director and/or the Management Team
- visiting international clients during the projects.
You have a practical approach, which suits mechanical engineering. Communicating with others is second nature to you, whereby it makes no difference who you are talking to. You are decisive and are prepared to take decisions when this is necessary. At the same time, you know when consultation is essential, and you will proactively respond to challenges. You are also accurate and can distinguish between the main details. Reporting properly is important to you, so that your colleagues are always well informed. Sharing and transferring knowledge is more of a rule than an exception, and you have a reputation for wanting the best for your client.
Because we are a project-driven organisation, a hectic environment is familiar to you. You are flexible and have no problem putting everything aside to finish the job, together with your team. Because your insight is important, you do not mind travelling from time to time (to the customer or supplier’s location).
- at least a completed Bachelor (HBO or university), preferably in software, electrical or mechatronics, or mechanical engineering or technological economics
- knowledge of and experience with projects
- at least 3 years’ working experience in a similar position in an international environment
- experience acquired in mechanical engineering is an absolute bonus
- proven experience with implementing projects abroad
- good command of written and spoken Dutch and English
- willingness to travel internationally (approx. 10-15 %).
What we offer
We offer you a challenging role with a great deal of variation in your daily activities. You may manage interesting projects, usually for big world players. Our organisation has an informal culture in which your own contribution and opinion are highly valued. You will receive a competitive salary.
We offer you the following terms and conditions of employment:
- 27 holiday days and 13 days off due to shorter working hours (ADV days)
- Flexible working hours
- Travel expense allowance
- Group health insurance
- Attractive pension scheme
Mpac Langen works with the Metalektro Collective Labour Agreement.