Reporting to the Healthcare Service Manager, the Field Service Engineer carries the overall responsibility for technical support of Mpac Group brands of equipment during install and commissioning and after SAT.
In close coordination with the Assembly Team Leader, the Field Service Engineer could also be required to participate in the assembly and or debugging phase and FAT with customer.
- Responsible for repairing, modifying, rebuilding and/or debugging Mpac Group supplied equipment on-site or at customer’s site
- Works according to technical drawings and other specifications
- Follows Mpac Group standards of workmanship and setup
- Respects and abides by all applicable customer plant rules
- Works according to safety rules (Customer and Mpac)
- Provides on-site start-up and commissioning assistance for automated packaging machinery provided/sold by Mpac.
- Upon customer’s request or as required by the circumstances of a particular job, provides advice to the customer’s personnel on technical issues related to their Mpac Group equipment.
- Requests approval from supervisor and/or engineering for any design changes or modifications performed to machines in the field, prior to execution.
- Provides marked-up drawings or sketches of any changes done in the field for the proper update of the machine by Engineering.
- Files weekly expense, activity and service reports according to established rules.
- Performs debugging /assembly/wiring activities, on the floor, as requested by his/her supervisor
- Ensures all Mpac Group brand of equipment is delivered to the highest level of quality by dutifully reporting any quality issues observed on Mpac equipment either on the floor or at customer’s site.
- Maintains a reasonable state of readiness and able to travel on short notice.
- Assists his/her supervisor in maximizing billable hours for the department.
- Provides support to Training and in preparing Training Job aids as required.
- Supports the preparation of machine manuals and other related documentation.
- Provides over the phone support to customers when required.
- Files weekly expense, activity and service reports.
- At the end of field service visits always recommends improvements and parts replacements required for the proper functioning of the equipment.
- On request from his supervisor, performs follow-up visits to customers after installation, recommending action plans to improve productivity.
- Strength requirements are as follows:
- Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally to move objects
- Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently to move objects
- Exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Visual acuity required for reading drawings and part numbers as well as the ability to distinguish between various color combinations in order to perform assigned tasks.
- Hearing acuity required for safety reasons as well as for operating packaging equipment.
- The employee may be subject to the following:
- High noise from machines operating
- Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
Interaction with Customers
- Represents the company in meetings with the customer installation team and local contractors
- 100% adherence to Customer’s plant policies is mandatory
- Supports the Project Manager in his/her interactions with customers during the installation phase and SAT’s.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills, oral and in written report format. Able to express yourself clearly in good verbal and written English.
- Post-secondary education in mechanical and/or electrical field. Millwright certificate would be an asset.
- Must be able to fluently read mechanical assembly drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques, root cause analysis is an asset.
- Knowledge and Hands-on experience on A-B Control Logix PLCs
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on servo motion controls (A-B Control Logix).
- Experience programming servos is an asset.
- Basic knowledge and hands on experience with Siemens PLC and Lenze motion controls a definite asset.
- Working knowledge of Robots and Robotic applications.
- Knowledge of Fanuc robots is an asset.
- Organized, self-disciplined and professional in demeanor. – Able to travel (overnight) up to 80% of the time. Dependent on location within USA and business needs.
- Must have a valid passport
- Must be able to travel to the USA and overseas without restrictions
- Must have a valid driver’s license without restrictions
- Must be able to rent a car in any country without restrictions – Four to Six month training period with interaction at Mpac site factories. 2-3 weeks in Mississauga, 4-6 weeks in Wijchen, NL.