To provide robust and effective product design solutions to the business to ensure the business meets its responsibilities to customers & regulatory bodies.
- Provide a high level of skill in interpreting the customer’s and regulatory requirements to ensure software designs are perfectly aligned.
- Be commercially aware to maximise value to our customers and maintain a loyal customer base.
- Ensure the relevant software design documents are issued in line with the schedule enabling agreed deliveries to be met
- That design quality is maintained throughout the project and that the output meets the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Communicate accurate project status to the Programme team, customers and suppliers to ensure they can proactively plan.
- Contribute to our continuous improvement programme to ensure we provide the highest possible value of service to our customers.
- Compile information and project reporting against departments KPI’s.
- Provide technical support in collaboration with fellow Control Systems / Software Engineers during design review meetings to ensure key design approvals are achieved in line with project schedules.
- Plan resource requirements with the Control Systems Manager to develop the project milestones.
- Apply technical due diligence by being process risk aware and applying supplier and internal evaluations to mitigate risk.
- Contribute to machine commissioning activities to a successful FAT & SAT.
- Ensure all relevant design documents are in place in accordance with the standard operating procedures.
- Ensure compliance with ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001 and support a culture of Lean and Continuous Improvement.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proficient in the use of Rockwell and/or Siemens programming platforms.
- Experience in the software design of industrial automation in a manufacturing environment.
- The generation and verification of software design documents.
- Interpretation of customer requirements and presentation of design solutions at internal design reviews.
- Commercially aware of the effective use of resources, scope change and implications of choice.
- Applying technical due diligence, being risk aware, performing FMEA and using design studies and POP work to mitigate risk.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proficient with integration of vision systems into industrial automation
- Proficient with integration of servo drives into industrial automation
- Apprentice trained in electrical or mechatronic engineering discipline and post apprenticeship software design experience
- HNC, HND, or BSC in a relevant engineering discipline
- Proficient with integration of robotics into automation solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite